Chadux regularly assists its members
in planning for response activities. Through C-Plan review, site and equipment inspections, training, or other consultation, Chadux can help facility and vessel personnel understand their responsibilities during a pollution incident.
Chadux offers a variety of classes taught by certified instructors with experience in spill response, waste management, incident management, and wildlife handling and rehabilitation. Classes and exercises are scheduled to keep Chadux employees and contract personnel trained and response-ready. Training sessions are open to both member and non-member companies.
Chadux offers a variety of health and safety, environmental compliance, ICS, and response related training classes:
- HAZWOPER (29 CFR 1910.120) training (24 hour HAZMAT technician, HAZWOPER supervisor, and refresher training)
- ICS training (Introduction to ICS,Advanced ICS/Forming an Incident Management Team, Role of Legal Officer, Roles and Responsibilities of Initial IC)
- Wildlife Hazing, Capture, Cleaning and Rehabilitation training
- Marine Spill Response training
- Terrestrial Spill Response training
- Environmental Technician for Exploratory Drilling training
- Introduction to Spill Response for Fuel Facility Personnel
Chadux’s training classes are posted online. Please use the links below.
Maintenance & Exercises
Chadux exercises its response equipment and contractors regularly to ensure response readiness. These exercises are conducted and documented in accordance with the National Preparedness for Response Exercise Program (NPREP). Three hubs each year are fully exercised and the equipment in each of Chadux’s hubs is inspected and serviced each year. The exercise and maintenance schedule is posted on Chadux’s calendar pages.
Member companies and local response organizations are invited to inquire about participating in these exercises. Chadux can also assist member companies in planning, conducting, evaluating, and documenting their own exercises.
Contact Chadux’s Preparedness Manager, Chris Burns, at (907) 348-2301 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.